9130 Courthouse Road, Spotsylvania, VA 22553

Criminal Law Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get my criminal record expunged?

In Virginia, you cannot seal or expunge criminal record convictions. An expungement can only be obtained in Virginia if:

  • you are found not guilty by the court (acquittal or dismissal);
  • the charges are withdrawn (nolle prosequi) by the Court on a motion by the Commonwealth;
  • your name is used in error; or
  • you obtained an absolute pardon from a Virginia Governor.

However, if you were convicted of a felony, depending on the amount of time that has passed, you may be eligible to request a restoration of your rights. Read the Guide I developed to provide easy ­to ­understand information about what you need to know about criminal record expungements in Virginia.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form